Thursday, August 2, 2012

Timeline Wall & Death of Finance Corner


One of the most cumbersome undertaking of the 5 In retrospect show was the "timeline wall & the Death of finance collages". This wall represented my life in vision. What do you put the present you what positivity do you add, what negativity do you add, Where to do draw the line of being PC or being fake. I wanted this wall to represent truth and respect. I wanted to show respect for my family as well as disrespect of specific aspects. I wanted to it show anger, mistakes and triumphs. A collaboration of positive and negative reactions, thus the collaboration we all experience in life. Hopefully the journey of the wall continuous. It's been a backdrop for comedy, and for music. I wonder where it may develop in the future.

I find pride in the fact that people see what I do, without even knowing they see it. a backdrop, a wall mural, a sticker, small subbliminal messages. General smile from people in the art community, in the social community, and in the homeless community. All walk see and exp;lor with no restrictions, or demands.

Images established in these two works could relate with anyone passing by and I think that was the pleasure of the placement of these works. General public placement. It has defiantly made me think more about where the placements are and what category of persons may view t before removal. The concept needs to come across but not with the loss of the dynamics. Dynamics are the turning point.
Dynamics are essential. Thank Ryan @ Rolling Stock Gallery for the images.....5......


No comments:

Post a Comment