Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Keep your Stupidity to yourself.....


I told myself a long time ago “what people may need to maintain structure and happiness in their life is great, if it works well for them and they remain positive to other, cool.” What I don’t respect are those people who push their shit on others. I can’t even count how many times I was walking through the mall, or at the bus stop as a teen and some creep douche with a bad hair piece approached me and ask me if I found Jesus, and wouldn’t leave me alone till I took one of his handouts. Why are you asking kids, why not ask adults??? Reason: because adult would smack them in the mouth and tell them where to go, adult have already developed a backbone. Listen, if everyone just lived by the golden rule and stop trying to formulation groups and recruit memberships this world would be a much better place. Now I don’t want anyone to think I hate religious organizations I think they do a lot of good for the community, yet at the same time I think some of their reasoning is way off. When you are going to third world countries to “help” yet the first thing you build is a church, I think it’s pretty oblivious why you are truly there. You are there to recruit third world people to believe what you believe and in return give them education shelter and food. A bit twisted if you ask me, but whatever.
So to the real story, I did some stencil murals during the Graffiti Expo 2010. Simple stencils of past work, one was a bit sexy but not too crazy, part of my 213AOE series. They ran for about a year, which in urban art is not a bad run. But it was brought to my attention by my friend and fellow artist, Ryan owner of Rolling Stock Gallery, that someone had defaced my work with some self-righteous bullshit.  “God’s Truth for _______” what the fuck does that even mean???? You know, I might have some respect for this person if they painted over the entire piece and had a real artist do something better over my work like real street artists, but that just seem weak to me. To make it even worst, my website was posted on the side. All they had to do was voice their opinions to me there and I would have explained that this specific work (as shown above, deface, was a series of pieces that hit on the exploitation of the female form and the fact that this form is get more and more exaggerated as history progresses. Long story short, No matter how solid you feel your thought are you are still just a pushy little shit with no backbone. Learn to love yourself and stop trying to impose your shit on other and you will feel a lot better about yourself at the end of the day.
This has been a public service announcement from your friendly artist…..5…..peace

No comments:

Post a Comment