Monday, March 31, 2014

Farewell Letter to G, for now.....





I ventured to the supermarket the other day to see you and your family standing there, you looked amazing. I spent the last year and half scared to death that you were not safe, protected and loved. I also spent that time missing you tremendously, that great smile and your unmistakable call for “Daddy” will always resonate in my head. I didn’t want to say anything cause I didn’t want to confuse you or create anymore turmoil in your life, you have gone through so much already, so I just walked on by, wowed that I finally got a chance to see you again. I hope you didn’t see me I wouldn’t want you to think I forgot about you, far from it. I’d rather you live your life and be happy. But I was glad I got to see you healthy, and well kept. It gave me some clarity of your future and even know I
will still worry daily, at least I know you are likely on a good path.
I want to thank you for being a part of our lives and creating so much love in our home. You brought a lot of joy to our family and I hope the time you spent with us brought that same amount of joy. You helped me through some trying times, and helped me grow as person and most of all as a parent. More than you will even know. I hope the skills and goals we instilled in you while you stayed with us, bring you much joy and happiness. I hope to, someday in the distance, see you again. See how you have developed into a successful young lady. And watch you walk with confidence, strength, and beauty into your future. I wish you everything the world has to offer and hope you receive it. I will always miss you, and of course I love you very much. Best of luck my little girl.

Love

“Daddy”

No comments:

Post a Comment